A Quick Card

You know I am so impatient to play with new toys … so when I got this Tim Holtz/Sizzix Townscape die, I grabbed the first piece of cardstock on my messy desk and cut.

Here’s a quick card, just playing around:

TH house border 461 umbrellaman DSC_0390

I had already cut the arch (Spellbinders Arched Windows One) into an A2-sized card, but never did anything with it. The glossy paper had already been dragged through some Distress Inks. That was the first thing I glued down, which is kind of dumb … working backwards! Then I hunted for an image to fit behind the window (Tim/Stampers Anonymous Life’s Possibilities). The front looked too plain, so I stippled with various inks in blues (Distress) and a touch of grey (Marvy Matchabel) and edged the window in brown ink (using a Tsukineko dauber, which I love.)

And there ya go… a quick — not great — card.
Thanks for coming by!

Advertisements

Cards from the Vault

Yes, once again I am in cleaning mode. (This is a life-long project.)

This time, I cleaned out an old box of cards. Many of these were made when I first started stamping, back in the day when dinosaurs walked the earth.

Let’s open the vault and take a look. See if you remember any of these techniques:

archives 412 metallic flowers DSC_0398

Remember old school dry embossing on metal? I think the process I used here involved stamping the image (Lucy’s stamps) on the back of a foil sheet then going over the lines using a stylus. I can’t remember what I used to color the flowers, but it must have been paint or markers because alcohol ink and Distress markers were not around then!

And remember when dark cardstock was all the rage? (Oy, I still have a ton of it….)

archive 412 haiku bunny DSC_0396

Oh, how I adored (wait…I still adore this image!) this Haiku Bunny from Hero Arts! In fact, I may pull it out and use it on something today!

Then there was the stipple background technique:

archive 413 uncle enos DSC_0391

The “Uncle Enos” image (from River City Rubberworks — they have some hilarious stamps, check them out) was stamped in black then masked using a torn piece of paper. The background stamp (A Stamp In the Hand) was stamped, then the mask removed and I stippled on various colors (I think from a Tsukineko Autumn Kaleidacolor ink pad). The fine bristles of a stipple brush leave a cool textured look.

Hope you had fun with this stroll down memory lane. My next peek into the vault will feature “shadow” stamping — when it was first introduced.
Thanks for stopping by!