From the Vault … This Card Scores

Every so often I find some old cards I made.

Elephant Outsidethelines 657 DSC_0590

Before there were embossing folders galore, I used a scoring tool to create texture on cards. For this card, I first scored one way, then the other. On the top part of the card, I scored in both directions (you can barely see the bottom cross-score, which shows up better on the bottom third of the card).

The sentiment is from Hero Arts; I’m not sure who makes the elephant, as it was stamped a long time ago at a friend’s house.

Thanks for popping over!

Advertisements

Booklet Scraps Don’t Go to Waste!

In my last post I showed a quick and easy booklet using the new Carte Postale paper from BasicGrey.

Since the booklet measures only about 5 inches, I had plenty of paper left to make some cards … and another booklet!

Check it out:
First, a look at some of the neat paper and embellishments:

basicgrey 448 tickets whole, cut DSC_0359

Love this sheet! I left one as-is and cut apart one:
basicgrey 448 tickets DSC_0360

… and used some of the pieces on a card:

basicgrey 448 ticket card DSC_0365

The background (if you cans see it under the tickets!) was made using Hero Arts’ new Painted Canvas S5782 stamp inked with Distress inks (frayed burlap, peeled paint, wild honey). Next, I attached the cut-up tickets. I made the rosette (scoring it with my Stampin’ Up! score board) using leftovers from the booklet stock (BasicGrey) and a little somethin’ from the set’s sticker sheet. The airplane image is from Close To My Heart, embossed in Stampendous! Pearlustre platinum. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz’s Simple Sayings set.

Here’s a look at the stickers:
basicgrey 448 sitckers DSC_0353

And I still had more scraps! Next post, more cards from leftovers. Thanks for coming by!

Crazy For This Booklet

I learned how to make this fast and easy booklet from a Paper Source workshop, and I’ve been going crazy all week making booklets from scrap cardstock. When I got the new Carte Postale papers from BasicGrey, well… it was a natural fit.

Here’s the front cover:

basicgrey 448 booklet DSC_0348

… the back cover:

basic grey 448 booklet back DSC_0369

…a detail of the spine:

basicgrey 448 booklet binding detail DSC_0349

… and a decorated inside page:

basicgrey 448 booklet inside DSC_0357

… a quick look at part of the process (made easy with a Stampin’ Up! scoring board):
basicgrey 448 booklet scoring DSC_0358

basicgrey 448 booklet seam DSC_0346

Come back tomorrow to see what I did with all those leftovers!