From the Vault — Thanksgiving Cards

Ahhhh, it’s Throwback Thursday, so I thought I’d look into the vault and see what’s hangin’ around. And hello … I found these Thanksgiving cards.

thanksgiving 510 rit dye wheat DSC_0170-1

This was part of a series I made using Rit Dye and a Batik resist. I sponged Batik-EZ Resist Medium from Crafter’s Pick onto my stamp (Hero Arts), then stamped onto watercolor paper. I let the resist dry, then used a foam brush to paint on various shades of liquid Rit Dye. (You can find dying instructions on the Rit website. Here is a direct link to another card I made for Rit. The process is the same. Here’s another card. I also have some scrapbook pages on the site.)

Thanksgiving 354 leaves DSC_0306

This is VERY old! (Remember when eyelets were so hot?) I used mini gold and silver ink pads (you can see the small size in the imprint!) to stamp directly on the paper. The leaves image (Stampendous!) was black embossed then colored in with some shimmer paints.

And one more, using some Gelli Arts paper I made as a background:

thanksgiving 586 gelli bkgrd DSC_0588

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Advertisements

Newspapers & Flowers

As we know, I love anything having to do with writing: newspapers, typewriters, pens, etc. So how could I resist these pretty posies wrapped in a newspaper? The image, from Stampin’ Up!, also has a sentiment attached. Here’s a detailed look:

Su newsy flowers 639 yellow DSC_0605

This is the kind of image I love to emboss, color and cut in multiples, ready to go on any needy card front.

Which is perfect for this week, when I am into clean, simple and QUICK cards. I easily made several cards in a short amount of time and thought I would show just two easy ways to use this stamp. For the first card, I used the entire image, including the quote:

SU newsy flowers 639 DSC_0601

I dry embossed a piece of white card stock using a Stampin’ Up! embossing folder. I trimmed and layered that piece on my folded card front, then simply attached the entire flower/sentiment image using Therm-O-Web foam squares. (Coloring info at the end.)

Super fast, super easy.

For the next card, I wanted a different balance, so I cut off the “kindness” quote and just used the flowers:

SU newsy flowers 639 DSC_0604

The card with just the background section had been hanging around on my desk for a while — it was made using leftover background pieces from my Gelli Arts prints (see here, and here for more on Gelli Art printing.) The sentiment is from an old Hero Arts set.

The flowers on all these cards were colored using various combinations of Ranger Distress Markers and Stampin’ Up! inks. I applied both types of inks to my craft sheet and picked up color with my watercolor brush. Inks used include Distress Antique Linen (on the newspaper), Forest Moss and some other greens, and Stampin’ Up Old Olive, Positively Pink and Melon Mambo. A touch of pink Wink of Stella was added to the tips of the tulips on the “fabulous” card.

Thanks for stopping by.