Let’s jump right in … here are some more results from my gel printing extravaganza!
As I mentioned in my last post, I used the 3×5 inch plate from Gel Press.
Here’s the big picture:
It’s so fast and easy to make a batch of cards once you have the backgrounds done! For many of these, I added some stamped images to the backgrounds to provide more interest, mostly using Imagine Crafts’ StazOn ink. And then I just added various sentiments.
I trimmed my selected panels and attached them to a 4-bar sized card (4 7/8 x 7 inches, folded in half.)
The card below is a little different. Instead of using the gel print itself, I used this piece to “off-stamp.” I stamped on the wet paint using Art Foamies, then off-stamped on a piece of card stock. I added a sentiment (from docrafts, black embossed and fussy-cut) and some Robin’s Nest Dew Drops.
As you know, not every print is a winner. But even the “fails” can be used. For example, for this one below, I over stamped with StazOn Jet Black, then cut the piece into tiles, edged the tiles with black Sharpie and mounted them to a folded card front. I decided it needed a frame, so I made some score lines. Easy. And now it’s one of my faves.
Some of the fails (and you know there were a lot!!!) I turned into tags:
The pieces were mounted to card stock.
It’s amazing how quickly these cards and tags came together, which is one of the advantages of making a big ol’ stack of backgrounds to have handy!
Thanks for stopping by.