Here’s how it happened.
I started by playing with some Faber-Castell Gelatos (read more here, here and here). I rubbed some color on my craft sheet then spritzed with water to create a paint, which I spread on watercolor paper. I knew I wanted some texture, so I stamped it with Old Letter from Hero Arts:
Next step was to die cut the hearts (using an old Sizzix die):
I REALLY wanted to try the new Cracked Pistachio Distress Stain Spray from Ranger, so I masked a stripe along the edge of a piece of Ranger Watercolor cardstock. (I tore a long strip of low-tack painter’s tape to create the mask.)
You’ll notice there’s some background stamping goin’ on there, too. After I sprayed the card, it felt bland, so I used Wendy Vecchi’s Archival Watering Can and a Stampendous! stamp to add some interest.
Note that the stamp is a rectangle, but I didn’t want hard lines, so I inked just random portions.
Next, I needed a sentiment. I tried various inks and paints (including the new Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint) but finally went with the Watering Can grey for the contrast.
I edged the hearts with gold metallic marker and added some Doodlebug Designs sequins to finish the look. Thanks for stopping by!
Filed under: Craft news, die cuts, Holiday, inks, Techniques | Tagged: Distress Sprays, Distress Stain Sprays, Faber-Castell, Gelatos, hearts, holiday cards, Ranger, sequins, Valentine's Day, Valentines |